This is an assortment of links and instructions related to the open-source mathematics software, Sage.
Everything about Sage can be found via sagemath.org.
[Blog] [Wiki] [Trac] [Sage-Edu] [Sage-Devel] [Sage-Combinat-Devel]
- Make an account at the registration page so you can login to the free Sage server. No nosy questions, just make up a username and set a password.
- Connect to the free, public Sage server at http://sagenb.org and login.
- Create a new worksheet and begin experimenting, OR
- Upload worksheets using the "Upload" link in the upper-left corner.
- For worksheets listed on this page, typically a right-click on the link will give you a menu that will allow you to copy the link, then you can paste the link into the Upload form mentioned in the previous step. Each "cell" of a worksheet has a little "evaluate" link underneath it to make a cell execute.
- Sage in an abstract algebra textbook: Sage and AATA
- Sage in a linear algebra textbook: Sage and FCLA
- Vector Calculus, 2D and 3D Motion [2D Worksheet, Ellipse] [3D Worksheet, Exponential Spiral]
- Level Curves (Math 280, Section 12.1) [Worksheet]
- Approximating Polynomials (Math 181, Chapter 8) [Worksheet]
- Sequences and Series (Math 181, Sections 8.1, 8,2) [Worksheet]
- Polar Graphs, Step-by-Step with Colors (Math 181, Section 9.2) [Worksheet]
- Group Theory and SAGE: A Primer. Obsolete - see material for AATA textbook. [PDF]